Sunday, June 22, 2014

Alice and Yanni

I didn't get around to posting anything after I got back from Denver last week…and here I am back in Denver again this week so I suppose I ought to get to it. 

One of the things that I have noticed about the area that we live in right now (Centennial) is that everywhere you turn there are small parks and walking trails tucked into every space possible.  I was out walking the other day and found this little park that is located right next to Fiddler's Green. The whole park has life-sized bronzes of characters from Alice in Wonderland that follow the story line from one end of the trail out to the other side.  




Our apartment is located across from the Tech Center and most of the corporate buildings around here have some sort of statuary or bronzes on their grounds.  




On Sunday, we went to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science to see the IMAX movie D-Day of Normandy which was really, really good.  Of course when we got there, parking was next to nonexistent except for the millions of spaces that were reserved for hybrid vehicles.  Did we take my Prius to the museum? Um…no.  We were in Mark's truck.  So note to ourselves: from now on we are taking my Prius anytime that we do anything cultural or in the downtown area.


View from the museum grounds to downtown Denver

On Thursday the 12th, Mark and I celebrated my birthday.  He told me to pick anyplace that I wanted go to and Greek food sounded pretty yummy so I Googled "Best Greek food in Denver" and found Yanni's.  It's located less than a mile away from us and the reviews were pretty good overall.  In fact, Yanni's was voted "Top Ethnic Restaurant" by Bon Appetit magazine and "Best of Denver" by Westword, The Denver Post and the Rocky Mountain News. We figured- why not give it a shot and boy were we happy we went. The service was very good and the meal was outstanding!  Mark had the Kokinisto (a braised lamb shank that was large enough that we could have eaten on it for a week)  and I had lamb Souvlaki (kabob) which was so tender you could have cut it with a spoon.  They also brought by complimentary Ouzo for us during our meal….Opa!  We will definitely be going back for another meal or two. 











No comments:

Post a Comment